This is a 6 hour course that is certificated by REHIS. By the end of the course the candidate will know and understand:
- The benefits of high standards of hygiene within the food industry, explaining what is meant by ‘Food Safety’.
- The disadvantages and costs of poor standards of hygiene within the food industry.
- The role of the employer and employee in maintaining these standards.
- The terms ‘food poisoning’, ‘food contamination’ and food safety hazards.
- The incidence of food poisoning within Scotland over the previous 10 year period.
- The role of food safety management systems based on HACCP principles
- The use of a documented food safety management system.
- The relationship between hazards and risk.
- The importance of keeping accurate records.
- The importance of reporting possible food safety hazards to supervisors.
Candidates will also know and understand.
- Bacteria and their characteristics
- The incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- Personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- The working environment
- Cleaning practices
- Common food pests and their control
- Food legislation
The identification of good food safety procedures and the implementation of food safety systems based on HACCP principles should be highlighted throughout the course content.
At the end of the course there will be a multiple choice exam paper to complete, he exam will take place around 4pm and you will have 60 mins to complete, in order to pass the exam you must achieve a pass mark of at least 28 out of 45. You are not required to bring anything with you on the day, all material will be provided.
Course cost £70 plus vat per person.
Group discounts available on request.
If you would like to discuss any of this please do not hesitate to contact any of our offices, Aberdeen 01224 51 61 71, Dundee 01382 60 40 60 or Glasgow 0141 432 2018.
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com