Supervising Mental Health for First Aid Courses Aberdeen Dundee Edinburgh & Glasgow
Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
This 2-Day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at Trainer/Assessors and/or supervisor level within the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well being.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
Delegates will have a greater understanding of mental health and well being and will be able to recognise common triggers of mental ill health and signs that someone may need support. You will develop non-judgemental listening skills along with the confidence to reassure and support a person who may be experiencing mental ill health and guide them to source of further support for recovery.
Summative practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor each day, along with a written assessment on each day. A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health. This will be provided by NUCO Training.
Course cost £199 plus vat per person
If you would like to make an enquiry about an In-House course or for any course dates that we do not have shown here on our website, please use the form below.
Thank you ! Your message has been sent. We will contact you within the next 24 hours..