Anaphylaxis is an extreme and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction, which results in rapid chemical changes in the body. Anaphylaxis can be caused by a ‘trigger’ such as insect stings, foods (e.g. nuts and shellfish) and medicines such as penicillin. This can cause reactions such as :
The aim of this training session is to enable you to recognise the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and treat an anaphylactic reaction.
By the end of this e-Learning session you should be able to:
This e-Learning session should be followed up by a 20 minute practical session on the use of an auto-injector. Please call the office to arrange on completion of the e-Learning session.