Providing training courses
across the UK
You are here » funding


Individual Training Accounts (ITA) are live. 

Is an Individual Training Account right for me? 

You could receive up to £200 towards a single course or training episode per year. ITA funding could be right for you if you're: 

  • 16 or over, not in education or involved in any other SDS funded programme
  • Unemployed and looking to get back into work
  • Employed in a low-income job and looking to progress in your career (less than £22,000 PA)
  • Resident in Scotland

You can search for ITA courses and apply online. You’ll need a valid email address and your National Insurance number to hand. 

Once you’ve applied for funding, Skills Development Scotland (SDS) will send you a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course. To book a place, you’ll need to prove your income. Details of the documents you can use will be in your confirmation email. 

You'll have eight weeks from the time your application is successful to make a booking. 

Courses costing more than £200

Skills Development Scotland (SDS) pay up to £200 towards the cost of your ITA approved training course. You’ll pay any outstanding balance direct to the training provider. 


Skills Development Scotland want to make sure ITA is accessible to all learners. 

If you have a special requirement or a disability and would like some additional help, please contact their helpline on 0800 917 8000. There is a Textphone service for customers who are deaf: 0141 573 4883.

You can also email

Forces personnel

Under the temporary non-resident arrangements, forces personnel are treated as being resident at the establishment where they are based. If they are ordinarily resident* in Scotland but are serving overseas, they would be eligible.

*Ordinarily resident means that you live in Scotland year after year by choice, apart from temporary or occasional absences such as holidays or business trips. Living here totally or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education may not count as being ordinarily resident. If you are not a UK national, you must be settled in Scotland (as set out in the Immigration Act 1971) immediately before the date on which you made your 

Too apply for an ITA click here